In the next lines, you will learn how to Set up Cox Email on Outlook. Question: Is Cox email an internet service provider? Absolutely, Cox email is an internet service provider which also includes access to email. You can access the mail directly either through the web browser or you will have to configure the Cox email address in Outlook and then use it.
While accessing this email service, you can enjoy benefits like keeping yourself away from the virus or spam. So users prefer to use this as their convenient email since it is also fast and easy to set up in their Outlook.
Way to Set up Cox in Outlook:
Follow the steps that are given below to set your email in Cox successfully. Even when ‘Cox email not working on Outlook’ issues arise, check if the steps given below are done correctly.
- Open your Outlook, then click on the option tools, and finally tap on the account settings.
- From the tab, click on the email tab and then click on the new button.
- Then you will have to click on the button Microsoft Exchange, IMAP, POP3, or HTTP and finally click on the option next.
- After that, you will have to check on the box ‘manually configure server settings and click on the button next.
- In the next step, click on the internet email and tap the next button.
- Next, you will have to enter the name which will appear to the receivers while you send any mail through your Cox account. Also, while you enter the email address, ensure that you have entered it completely.
- When you press the account type, a drop-down menu will be shown; select the POP3 from the given option.
- Then in your incoming server address, you will have to enter pop.east.cox.net also in the outgoing server address enter smtp.east.cox.net. (This will change according to the region you are in). The location of the server address given for the above is from eastern states.
- This is the step where you will have to provide the credential details about the Cox email account. In the place of a username, enter the email address ignoring the ‘@cox.net’ and also the password of your account.
- Once you have done all the above-given steps completely, then tap on the next option and click finish to set Cox email sign in, on your Outlook.
Why is My Cox Email Not Working in Outlook?
Though this is preferred by most people, there have been complaints by the users that the Cox email is not working in Outlook. So if you are having such issues, continue reading to find what is the cause for such an issue.
- If your device has anti-virus installed, then you will have to disable it temporarily.
- Check if your account is turned off to the offline working mode in your Outlook.
- In case, if there is a lump sum amount of cache or cookies that are stored on your browser or Outlook app, try clearing them completely.
- Check if the email settings are entered and set properly on your Outlook account.
- Change the type of account that you are using; if you are using IMAP, you can change to POP and vice versa.
- Also note if the ‘Cox email down’ through any of the third party websites like ‘down detector’ or ‘down for me or everyone’.
If your query is not cleared by the above reading, then visit emailspedia.com to know more about the issues in email and also the methods to fix such issues.