EPR Certificate requirements are required if you wish to obtain the EPR certificate. “Wish” is a relative term considering the license is mandatory for anyone who wants to manufacture electronic products.
In this article, we are going to separately define each and every requirement for EPR Certificate so that you know the exact documents you need to obtain the license.
What is EPR certificate?
EPR Certificate full form is Extended Producer Responsibility Certificate. As a producer, you have a responsibility towards your customers. But importantly, you have a responsibility towards your environment. All that circuit present in your products soon becomes junk or E-waste. If you don’t deal with them promptly, they become part of towering landfills. And if someone burns them, the air gets polluted.
Thus, the Central Pollution Control Board, wants you, as the holder of the EPR License, to do something about it. Establish a recycling unit in your factory. If you can’t afford to, reach out to an independent recycler that can help you.
So, now let’s discuss about the requirements that make EPR registration process – the way to get the EPR certificate – a success
EPR certificate requirements
Following is a list of documents that you need to be ready with at the time of filing the EPR certificate application.
- Certification of your business: If you’re a company, you’ll need a company incorporation certificate. In case you’re an importer of E wastes, you’ll need the IEC code.
- PAN card of your business entity
- Your contact information so that CPCB can correspond with you when the need arises.
- Documents pertaining to the EPR consultant: He will be responsible to file your EPR License application on your behalf.
- Details of the products that you manufacture: You have to provide their model numbers and their import and/or production history. Simply put, you’ll provide what products and how many of them do you produce on an annual basis.
- BIS License copy: Currently, there are many products that come under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Indian Standards. So, if yours too come under them, provide the BIS certificate for each of those products.
- RoHS Compliance certificate: Reduction of Hazardous Substances Certification is another requirement to acquire an EPR license in India.
- Details of the recycler: If you have access to a recycling unit, provide the details about it. In case you have outsourced your recycling requirements, provide the information about the recycling company you have outsourced to.
- E-waste estimation: Provide details of how much E-waste does your factory produces on an annual basis.
- EPR budget Estimation: Provide details for the money that you’ve to spend on performing your EPR duties i.e. recycling setup and other similar matters.
- EPR Plan: Extended Producer Responsibility plan that you have implemented for maximum impact.
- Agreement copies: Provide the copy(s) of the agreement you’ve signed with recycling companies, storage companies, and disposal companies.
- Awareness programs and web content: Provide details of the awareness programs that you have created to spread awareness about e-waste management. Additionally, provide the details of any web content that exists on your website regarding this subject.
When you ask how to get an EPR certificate, you can’t forget about its requirements. Heeding to the requirements that we have specified above will help you obtain the certificate in the shortest possible time. Thus, to start your electronic factory, reach out to our experts.