If we talk about Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes are two quite popular email clients for professional & personal purposes.
Nevertheless, why do you suddenly want to migrate Lotus Notes to PST? Well, there can be plenty of reasons for that and we will get into those details later in this article.
But first, let’s talk about the methods. Do we have any way that can immediately put this issue to an end? Well yes, we do.
When we searched on the internet regarding this query, we have come across multiple solutions that can really help you to export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook.
Now, back to where we started the reason for migrating Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook PST can vary.
Some of y’all may want a change from your old email program and others just switch to Outlook cause it provides better security features. It depends on the situation really!
Looking For a BreakOut? Try These Methods to Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
As I said before, there are multiple ways by which one can migrate Lotus Notes to PST without any issues.
Frankly speaking, there are two types of methods; Manual & Paid Solutions.
You may get some ideas after reading that term. To be honest, not everyone can afford professional methods as they cost you a good amount.
So, there are multiple users who search for an easy way out just like any other normal human being. Who doesn’t like to save some grand?
Well, if that’s the case then my friend you are on the perfect page. In this segment, I will be elucidating both methods in brief. In the end, it is completely up to you to choose any solution.
Let’s begin, Shall we?
1. Export HCL Notes Mailboxes
Here follow the below-mentioned instructions carefully:-
- First of all, Launch the HCL Notes application on your local system.
- In the next step, choose the NSF mailbox and select the Export tab from the File menu.
- Afterward, name your file and then browse your required destination and select CSV options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Export option and you can also apply some additional export options>>OK tab.
Your CSV file will get exported to the desired location.
Also Read:- How to Convert EDB to PST File Format?
2. Import your Resultant CSV File into Microsoft Outlook
- Firstly, Run Microsoft Outlook on your local system.
- Go to the File menu and then select the Open & Export option>>Import/Export tab.
- You can now choose Import from another program or file from the given list.
- In order to import the file, make sure to select CSV (Comma Separated Value) and go to the next Window.
- Next, go to the location where you have saved the exported lotus notes CSV file.
- Once you have added the CSV file into the system, proceed further with the given steps and click on the Finish tab.
- Finally, your data is successfully imported into Outlook.
Yay! You finally have your Lotus Notes Emails imported into MS Outlook.
Next, we will be converting NSF files to PST, so keep your eyes wide open and implement each step with utmost care.
3. Converting Lotus Notes Emails into PST
- Repeat the first 2 steps from the above-mentioned part.
- Next, choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and proceed further.
- Make sure to select the imported data that you wish to export into PST.
- Go to the place where you wish to store your Outlook PST file.
- In the final step, tap on the Finish option to migrate Lotus Notes to PST.
In the first two parts, I talked about how you can access your NSF file in Outlook.
The last part discusses the whole conversion procedure. But is there any guarantee that this method will be sufficient?
Well, the answer is yes or no! Yes, you read that right. The chances of human error during such a lengthy process are quite common.
One mistake and you are dead. Just kidding, but you may end up losing your data which can make your heart beat a little faster and you may die because of a heart attack.
Enough about dying, to save you from any data loss and corruption I recommend you opt for a professional solution.
Do Not Want to Lose Data? Here Use This Tool to Migrate Lotus Notes to PST
The NSF to PST File Converter Software would be the perfect choice for a user who is looking for an easy escape.
This tool operates on all versions of the Windows operating system. Also, it does not require external installation.
External installation means there is no need for Microsoft Outlook installation or configuration. Isn’t that the best part?
Want to know more? Click on the link and download & launch the tool on your local system and see the magic yourself.
In this blog, I have talked about the issues that you must be having while exporting Lotus Notes Emails to PST. For this, there are two types of methods available and you can choose either of them to migrate Lotus Notes to PST.
Manual Methods can be a little tricky and you may not get the results that you have wanted. So, My sincere advice would be to use the automated solution for a secure & safe conversion.