When it comes time to export Lotus Notes to Outlook, it refers to Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion, and you need to be aware of the procedure for doing this task.
So, I have come to this blog to let you know about possible ways that help you perform Lotus Notes mailboxes conversion to the targeted format. This blog will instruct you through the manual and an automatic Lotus Notes to Outlook converter tool to perform NSF files conversion to PST.
Why Migrate to Outlook?
- Migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook is essential when the user wants to transfer his NSF files to PST to access them in Outlook.
- Many users declare that Lotus Notes is a bit harder to use than Microsoft Outlook and even Outlook email client is quite economical compared to Lotus Notes.
- MS Outlook offers a simple management system, faster synchronization, and better features for everyone to use easily.
- MS Outlook fully supports web, Windows, Android, and smartphones for personal and professional users.
There may be more different purposes behind the Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion. Now learn the methods to export Lotus Notes to Outlook and how they can work.
You can use the manual method for Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion, but be sure to back up your Lotus Notes data before trying the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Export NSF File to CSV:
- At first, launch the Lotus Notes application on your computer and open IBM Notes (NSF files).
- Now, Click on Mailbox >> File >> Export and Provide the name, then save the File.
- After providing a file name, go to the Save as type option to select Comma Separated Value (CSV files) format.
- From the CSV Export window, select the required option. Click OK to export Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Finally, the desired IBM Note data will be exported in CSV format and saved in the destination.
Step 2: Import exported CSV file into MS Outlook:
- Here, you have to run your Outlook account on the same computer.
- Now, Go to the File >> Open and click Export >> Import/Export option.
- In this wizard, choose the option Import from another program or File. Click the Next button.
- Then, select the file type as Comma Separated Values (CSV) under Import a File window. Click Next.
- In this window, click on the Browse button to navigate and upload the CSV file, then click Next.
- Here, you have to select an Outlook folder to import the data from the CSV file and hit the Next button.
- Check the checkbox from Import a File dialog and click the Finish button.
After following all the above steps, the data from Lotus Notes mailboxes is exported to Microsoft Outlook successfully. After Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion, you can easily access them in Outlook.
Note: To do this task with the manual method, you may face some challenges.
Challenges with the manual method:
There is no doubt that the manual approach entails complicated steps, which makes the process tedious.
- It fails to export large amounts of IBM Notes data to Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, this way is not suitable for massive mailbox data to export Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- A user fails to implement the step-by-step process as it calls for technical expertise, so there are chances of file corruption.
- This approach only converts one NSF file at a time, which is time-consuming to process.
- It is not possible to import corrupt Mailboxes into Outlook in this way.
Thus, using an automated solution is the best way to accomplish this task smoothly and efficiently.
Weeom Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter Tool:
It is the best quick and secure software to export Lotus Notes to Outlook. This tool provides all the ease for Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion efficiently with its simple GUI appearance.
Weeom Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter Tool quickly scans Lotus Notes mailboxes. It exports the scanned data to PST with all attributes, metadata, and attachments. It does not affect data integrity.
- This tool allows multiple mailboxes to add and convert to Outlook PST flawlessly without additional support.
- It makes both Unicode and ANSI PST by default for access in desired versions of Outlook.
- There is a split option to manage the resulting large PST files into multiple smaller PST files at a user-provided size.
- The Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool allow users to create password-protected resultant PST file and save it at a desired location in the directory.
- You can make sure the source mailbox items by before conversion.
- Efficiently scans Trash folder and migrates deleted mail data, as well as Unicode characters.
- Apart from PST conversion, the tool also helps in converting NSF files data into MSG and EML.
- Free trial: Weeom Solution handles entirely care before delivering the software. For which Weeom provides a trial version of the software with technical assistance. A free trial version lets process the first 50 items per folder in which the user can also estimate the performance of the tool.
We believe that this task is very challenging manually, and an automated solution accomplishes this task efficiently. Wee Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter Tool is a perfect solution to export Lotus Notes to Outlook. If you are looking for smooth and secure Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion, then you must give it a try.