Lotus Notes is a famous application developed in 1989 by IBM. Which HCL owns; business organisations generally use it, but due to its high maintenance cost and many other reasons. Users nowadays are taking steps to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. As Office 365 is a cloud-based suite with an advanced security system, there are many more reasons to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. If you also want to execute the task but need clarification about choosing one method, this page is perfect for finding your solution.
Reasons why users migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365:-
- The interface of Office 365 is much user friendly as compared to Lotus Notes.
- Users do not have to worry about data loss as Office 365 stores data on the cloud.
- Data in Office 365 is accessible from anywhere; hence users find Office 365 easy to use.
- Office 365 has many excellent features for business purposes.
- Maintenance of Lotus Notes is much higher than Office 365.
- In one subscription, users can find various popular inbuilt applications.
- A collaborative environment is provided by Office 365.
Ways to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365
You can manually and professionally perform the task of migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365. Both ways have advantages and disadvantages; you can choose from whichever method you want to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. Here on this page is an explanation of both ways; although it is your choice, before taking a further step, you must know about both possible solutions.
Some Limitations of the Manual Method
- While performing the task manually, users can face many issues of duplicity in data and chances of human error are higher as a human performs it.
- There is no guarantee of secure migration of Lotus Notes to Office 365.
- Even with performing Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration step by step, there is a risk as it has complicated steps.
- To perform the task manually, the user has to have high technical knowledge.
- With the manual method, there is a risk of data loss to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365.
- The method consumes too much time, which is unacceptable to many users.
- In the manual method, more than 1 GB of NSF files will not be migrated.
With the mentioned disadvantages, it is clear that the manual method includes many risks, and not even a single user wants to take risks with their crucial data. Hence to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 without risk and complications, you can use a reliable third-party tool called Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool. The software will smoothly execute the migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365. It includes many inbuilt advanced features that will accomplish your task perfectly and hassle-free.
Features of the Shoviv tool are as follows;
- Users can add multiple NSF files without any restriction in size and migrate them into Office 365.
- The software does not alter the original data and hierarchy of folders.
- The GUI of the software is very user-friendly, which means that even non-technical users can perform migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365.
- An advanced feature like Incremental export is included in the software, which helps to resume the interrupted task (intentional or not) from the last endpoint. This option also implements prevention from duplicity.
- With the Filter option, the user can filter out data by eliminating unwanted data and including the desired one.
- The file mapping option is also included in the software, which can migrate data from one folder to another.
- It offers exporting data from Lotus Notes to PST file format.
- You can export data from Lotus Notes to the Live Exchange emails.
- The software provides a feature like an Email Translation feature, which helps users change their email addresses according to the destination server’s email addresses.
- Tool Includes capability to save items into standard format like MSG and EML.
- With its search option, users can eliminate unwanted scrolling and search for desired items according to their needs.
You can evaluate the features of the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool by downloading the free demo version of the software, which allows processing the first fifty items without any cost. If any queries arise while using the tool technical support team is available for users that too 24*7.
Both methods to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 are discussed above. Now users can decide by which method they want to execute the task. However, the best way is to use the professional tool for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration step by step because it guarantees zero data loss and smoothly proceed the task. The best part is that the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool provides a free software trial before buying the product, which benefits the users. While manually performing the task, users do not get such advantages; hence, a professional tool is much more profitable for users.