Yoga Asanas occupy a very important place in yoga. Through asanas, you not only make your body healthy but also it is very useful in calming the mind. If you are troubled by back pain or slip disc problems, then Bhujangasana can prove to be a boon for you.
If a man wants to stay young and healthy for a long time, then it is very important to remain flexible by his body. So for this, you should practice Bhujangasana on a regular basis. Now, let us know about the method of Bhujangasana and its benefits, so you keep your body flexible enough.
Method of Bhujangasana Yoga
In this asana, your body appears like a spitting snake. As the snake sits with spreading its tongue, the same type of shape is formed while doing this Bhujangasana. Therefore, its second name is Sarpanasana.
- Lie flat on a blanket or on a yoga mat.
- First, make both legs together and straighten the legs.
- Stretch both the thumbs of the feet.
- The hand should be perpendicular to the forehead.
- Place the toes, navel, chest, head, and soles of the hands-on a level on the ground.
- Move the hands slowly towards the waist.
- After that, move the forehead and chest backward at a very slow speed.
- Place the navel on the ground.
- All the weight of the body should remain on the claw of the hands.
- Try to move the head as far back as possible.
- The condition of the body will become like a command.
- And all the pressure will be concentrated on the last part of the sacrum.
- At that time keep the vision stable towards the roof.
Breathing / Time – Stay in this position for 15-20 seconds. Inhale as you rise and hold the position till you stop. And while ending the posture, when you come to the original position, come out exhaling.
Note – Some people bend the toes while doing Bhujangasana and some seekers keep the toes on the back. Both types of asanas are appropriate. But by stretching the toes of the feet, the muscles pull more. Due to which the seeker gets more benefit. Therefore, the claws should be stretched backward.
Benefits of Bhujangasana Yoga
This posture produces pressure on the stomach and stretches in the spine. Therefore, this posture makes the body flexible and also removes the problem of constipation. See the other benefits of Bhujangasana Yoga-
- Bhujangasana gives rise to gastritis.
- Many types of diseases are reduced and Kundalini is enlightened.
- This makes the pulse system not only conscious but long, powerful, and strong.
- Increases power of concentration.
- All the malfunctions in the backbone go away.
- Stretching the muscles of the stomach gives strength to the components of the recti muscles.
- Constipation is overcome by increasing intraabdominal pressure in the abdominal cavity.
- All the defects of the chest and back develop.
- Heals the uterus, due to which the menstrual period comes without any discomfort.
- The exhaustion caused by over-exertion is removed.
- After taking food, the pain of air (Flatulence) is relieved.
- There is excitement in the whole body.
- This asana is beneficial for Kapha-Pitta dosa people.
- By doing this asana, the heart becomes strong.
- Along with reducing belly fat, it also makes the body in shape.
Precautions need to be taken while doing Bhujangasana Yoga
- Pregnant women should not do this asana.
- Those who have a peptic ulcer, do not do this asana.
- Those who have had any heart surgery should also stay away from this asana.
- Do not do this asana if there is any chronic injury to the spine.
Bhujangasana Yoga is a very good posture, it is a must for every learner. You must do Paschimottasana yoga before Bhujangasana and after that do Shalabhasana yoga. With this, you will get more benefits from Bhujangasana yoga.
Along with this, If you keep a desire to in-depth your knowledge about yoga asana, so you could become part of Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.