Nowadays, there is a great demand for blockchain developers, and most businesses spend a significant amount of time attempting to discover and employ qualified programmers for their projects. According to the Upwork freelancing portal, the demand for such specialists, including developers, engineers, and ICO advisors, has surged by 35% in the last year. According to outsourcing firms, the number of clients looking to hire blockchain developers has increased by 700% since January 2017, and familiarity with blockchain is required for 40% of all development roles.
Describe a blockchain
A distributed ledger that is immutable is all that a blockchain is. It forms the basis of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Blocks of fresh data are added to the ledger. Only a unanimous vote among all the participating machines on the blockchain network may approve new blocks.
- Blockchain Fundamentals You must understand the principles of the technology, including networks, cryptocurrencies, wallets, smart contracts, and distributed applications (DApps).
- Decentralization, Cryptography, and Consensus Protocols You should comprehend cryptography and blockchain consensus, from private and public keys to digital signatures, proof of work, and proof of stake.
- Wallets, Transactions, and Exchanges for Cryptocurrency You should be familiar with wallet APIs, key generation, mnemonics, and transaction sending.
- Ethereum and cryptocurrency tokens The ERC20 protocol on the Ethereum blockchain provides a standardized mechanism to generate new tokens on the Ethereum network. As a result, understanding ERC20 tokens, ICO and token sale events, and utilizing an Ethereum wallet are crucial.
- Improving Blockchain Network Sidechains and off-chain transactions, as well as blockchain and wallet security, cold wallets, and smart contract security, should all be known to you.
Some key functions of a blockchain developers
- In consultation with management, determine the needs for and anticipated functionality of blockchain technology.
- Application features and interfaces may be created using computer languages and multithreaded coding.
- We are using cutting-edge cryptography techniques to defend digital transaction data from cyberattacks and data hacks.
- Keeping applications running on both the client and server sides.
- Making use of new tools and technologies to improve and safeguard blockchain apps
- Keeping track of blockchain development methods and following to data security best practices
- Analyzing the requirements, creating scalable and reliable architecture, and creating and managing systems will be the essential responsibilities.
- strong familiarity with Defi protocols and cryptoeconomic systems.
- Create and evaluate smart contracts using Solidity.
- Participate in the Sense Protocol’s technical specification formulation, technical roadmap, and implementation.
- To allow testing, presets for protocol settings, and production deployments, create deployment scripts.
- Work with auditors to make sure the protocol is reliable and secure.
- By establishing high-level architecture, concepts, and standards inside DeFi, you may influence the path of systems design.
- Processes are created for controlling the security of the central Protocol and connected apps.
- Perform code reviews, acceptance testing, bug fixes, and general assistance to help engineers.
- Build blockchain features in close cooperation with the product, engineering, and design teams.
5 websites where we can find blockchain developers
Blockchain developers are available for hiring much like other software engineers on a variety of freelance websites. The most well-known sites with a huge talent pool are Upwork.com and Toptal, where you may locate and hire the top blockchain engineer for your project.
Enter a phase of decentralization with Optymize’s Blockchain Solution and revolutionize the way your organization runs. Embrace blockchain for your organization to improve transparency, security, speed, and efficiency across all of your activities.
Toptal is a global network of experts and independent contractors. Only the top 3% of applicants are hired here after passing their rigorous assessments. If your project needs blockchain talent, we strongly suggest Toptal1.
Blockchain freelancers and businesses can connect on the freelancing and crowdsourcing platform BountyOne. It links those looking to pay independent contractors in cryptocurrencies.
X-Team is the place to go if you’re seeking devoted software professionals from an organization dedicated to your project. Use their services if you want flexible and scalable development teams, enthusiastic staff, and a straightforward pricing method.
Since they are known to work on a variety of projects across several websites, it can be challenging to gather blockchain engineers in one location. Talented blockchain professionals have been gathered by CodementorX and are ready for any project.
Following are the 6 steps to hiring the finest blockchain developer: (500 words)
Step 1. Determine Your Blockchain Business Strategy
Find a pertinent business plan in the first phase. Your company’s strategy will often be based on one of two possibilities, depending on the kind of talent you require
Option 1. Build your blockchain technology
If you’re going to design your blockchain technology, search for a blockchain developer who is multidimensional and has a quick, innovative mind. C++ knowledge is required.
Option 2: Create “Soft Applications” on top of a Blockchain application already in existence.
A blockchain developer with experience in GO or Java is needed for this option. Choose a blockchain engineer who is very knowledgeable about distributed ledgers.
Step 2: Plan out your blockchain development in Hiring Techniques
Make a decision regarding the type of working arrangement you will provide before hiring a blockchain engineer. Your business strategy and budget will determine whether you hire local full-time personnel for your own office or hire remote employees.
- Regular employees or project-based
- The project-based alternative entails appointing a committed group of blockchain developers from outside businesses to finish your project.
- It entails outsourcing, which could ensure you receive high-quality services at a reasonable price.
- Many people favor outsourcing since the outsourcing provider will have processes that have been developed to guarantee adherence to project specifications and on-time delivery.
Step 3: Understand the Different Blockchain Position Types
Blockchain talent can be categorized in different ways. Before creating a blockchain team, you need to become familiar with the following main position types.
- UX designers for software
- User experience (UX) designers concentrate on omnichannel journeys, the appearance and feel of your software products, and other elements that aim to enhance the user experience.
Step 4: Make Sure Your Blockchain Developers Have the Core Skills You Require
- One of the most crucial languages for blockchain development is C++. It transforms huge data into objects so that consumers can access it through their front-end applications.
- Java – Java is popular because programmers use it on all types of computers. The language is likewise straightforward. It is employed to create connections between data blocks and provide consumers with data.
Step 5: Identify the Salary Ranges for Blockchain Developers
- According to data from Indeed.com, the average cost of employing a blockchain engineer worldwide is between $73,304 and $139,339 plus. The pay ranges are depicted in the graph below.
- In the US, the median pay for blockchain developers is relatively high. Companies in the USA spend, on average, $158,000 a year on blockchain engineers.
Step 6: Suggestions for a recruitment strategy
- Here are some questions you may ask prospective blockchain engineers during the interview process to see if they are qualified for your project:
- Describe blockchain.
- What kinds of blockchains are there?
- A Merkle tree is what?
- How does the blockchain function?
- What does cryptography entail, and what is its major objective?
- Which varieties of consensus algorithms are you accustomed to?
Selecting a blockchain development firm
Optymize simplifies the recruiting process for businesses and gives a platform for eligible applicants to demonstrate their skills.
More information will aid in better determining the needed skills. Following receipt of your project description, our in-house team of specialists will analyze it, contact you to understand your specific needs better and answer any questions you may have. Optymize will take care of your demands and fulfill all of your expectations.
After you’ve found and accepted suggested prospects, you’re ready to incorporate them into your team, just like your current workers. Optymize talent is typically deployed remotely, however, arrangements can be made for on-site deployment.
If your firm wants to capitalise on the blockchain revolution, now is the moment to make some critical decisions. Blockchain software development is a fundamental technology that has the potential to alter processes and the way businesses conduct transactions. This type of change needs both time and resources, not to mention the expertise and knowledge of people with the necessary skills and experience.