Aldi is a supermarket that operates on a global level and is one of the largest retailer chains in Europe. What started as a small grocery outlet in 1913 in Germany has now grown into a mammoth chain of 750 stores sprawling across Europe. With one of the most lucrative job openings, the demand and competition of being placed in the Aldi ecosystem are very high. This is why in order to stand out from the crowd, as a candidate you will need to prepare for the Aldi video interview questions.
The Graduate Area Manager Programme
This program is a highly lucrative prospect and it lasts for two years. In the history of Aldi’s recruitment people who started as Area Manager went on to achieve big things with them. The current CEO was also an Area Manager. In the first year of the program, the program gives the candidates a taste of how the company works. They are given staff training for three months and are taught store management for two months. There shall be a three-week cover period where the candidate will act as an in-charge for the whole store. In the second year of the program, the candidates will mostly visit stores to develop a perspective on their roles and learn ways to recruit teams and train them.
Industrial Placement Scheme
This scheme is mostly for undergraduate students and Aldi mentions clearly they want people to be brave, curious, and passionate before they appear for the Aldi online interview questions. There are certain posts in the industrial placement scheme and they are:
- General Management Placement- In this post, the candidate will move between retail stores and head office teams where they learn about different areas of business.
- E-commerce Placement- the Aldi Hiring process wants you to be acquainted with the business that is being conducted in the digital world.
- Corporate Buying Placement- This placement is in Aldi’s main office and as a candidate who has successfully passed the Aldi video interview questions the person will gain experience in PR, marketing, and advertising.
- IT placement- Candidates who get through the Aldi online interview questions with an interest in the field of IT will be placed in high-performing and yet small teams. They do not necessarily require a degree in this field.
What qualifications and skills are required to appear in the Aldi interview process?
For the graduate area manager program, Aldi asks for the following qualifications in the candidates before they appear for the Aldi video interview questions:
- A 2:1 in any discipline
2.96 UCAS points
- A functional driving license
- The right to work in the country in question
The Aldi interview process does not emphasize having prior experience in retail management as Aldi provides training to the candidates.
Aldi Personality Requirements
The Aldi way of training its apprentices is conducted keeping in mind that the training should make business actions more cohesive and effective. In order to get through the aldi video interview process a candidate must have the following character traits:
- Ambitious and strong-willed with a positive and proactive attitude.
- The ability to gel well with teammates and follow business rationale to take decisions.
- Inquisitive about how to get things done in a simpler yet effective manner.
- The commitment towards any task that the candidate is involved in.
- Customer-centric decision making.
- Driven and focussed.