IP1 License is the authorization to become an infrastructure provider in India. As an infrastructure provider, you can facilitate telecom companies with passive resources such as:
- Right of Way
- Duct Space
- Dark Fibres, and
- Cell Towers
As a business permit, IP1 License India doesn’t get as much exposure as it should. Thus, through this article, you’ll know everything about this particular license. We will discuss:
- What is IP1 license?
- How to get IP1 license?
What is IP1 License?
An infrastructure provider is responsible for supporting telecom industries by providing them active and passive telecom resources. Active telecom resources include resources like servers, cloud computing, and others. Passive telecom resources consist of telecom infrastructure that are large in scale and non-electric in nature.
Infrastructure provider who seeks to provide passive telecom infrastructure has to first obtain the IP1 License in India. By acquiring it, it can rent or lease following telecom resources that are considered the foundation of the telecom industry:
- Right of way: By granting the right of way, an infrastructure provider empowers the telecom companies to connect their wires across cities without being bothered by municipal jurisdiction.
- Duct space: Duct space help inventing the heat out of telecom resources such as servers.
- Dark fibers are responsible for high-speed internet access across India.
- Cell Towers are responsible for the presence of wireless connectivity in the nation.
But the question remains: how does one go about becoming an infrastructure provider
How to get Ip-1 License?
In order to obtain the DOT IP1 License, you must familiarize yourself with a few points:
- You can’t file the application as an individual.
- The DOT only grants the license to those who can prove their have the technical and financial stability to provide telecom resources.
Once you instill these fine points inside your mind, you can go ahead and start the process as mentioned below:
- Company incorporation: Providing infrastructure as a business idea can’t hold a candle unless you turn it into an institution. The way to achieve that is through business incorporation. Reach out to CA or CS and register your business as a company.
- Catalog the resources that you can provide: There are two kinds of IP-1 License holders in India. One that provides abstract infrastructures like Right of Way and Duct Space. And one that provides materialistic infrastructure such as dark fibers or cell towers. Thus, first, you need to create a catalog listing the resources and the scale at which you can provide them to the telecom companies.
- Fill the application form: Fill the IP1 License application form providing the Department of Telecommunication complete details regarding the type and scale of your infrastructure services.
- Attach the documents required for the process: Along with the application, send the DOT the following documents required for IP-1 License registration.
- Company incorporation certificate
- Articles of Association
- List of Company Directors
- List of company shareholders
- Memorandum of Association
- List of telecom infrastructure that you specialize in
- Demand draft of IP-1 license fee
If you’re thinking of getting an IP1 license, now is the right time to go for it. If you have any queries pertaining to it or want to know more, reach out to our IP1 license consultants.
Get to know about the IP1 license. what is it and how to obtain it through this blog. Reach out to our IP1 license consultants for more info.