The Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender replicates any access point or router’s wireless signal to give internet connectivity in hard-to-reach locations. The extender can give wireless coverage up to 10,000 square feet. The Linksys RE6500 Setup does not require an installation CD.
You can stream HD-quality films and play online games without pauses or latency thanks to its high-speed AC technology. The RE6500 offers four Gigabit Ethernet ports, which are 10 times faster than Fast Ethernet, enabling fast and secure wired connections to PCs and other Internet-ready devices.
Consider the following steps for Linksys RE6500 setup:
- To begin, power on your RE6500 range extender by plugging it into a wall socket.
- Turn on your PC or laptop after connecting it to the internet.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your WiFi password in a new window.
- Then, to proceed, input the password.
- Open any web browser on your PC or laptop.
- Go to extender.linksys.com to learn more.
- The default range extender login tab will now be shown.
- Enter the user ID and password in the appropriate areas.
- Then hit the login button at the bottom of the page.
- A series of instructions will be shown on the machine. Simply follow their instructions.
This is a simple approach to complete the RE6500 Setup. If you’re experiencing difficulties configuring your extender using the methods above, check out our Linksys Extender Setup page for a more detailed explanation.
Linksys RE6500 Manual | AC1200
When you buy a new AC1200 extender, it comes with a Linksys RE6500 handbook. This handbook provides a sequence of setup procedures from beginning to conclusion. Simply follow these Linksys extender setup RE6500 steps to get your extender up and operating in no time.
A Wireless Network Name or SSID is not being broadcast by the Linksys RE6500 Extender.
If your range extender isn’t broadcasting the wireless network name (SSID), follow the steps below to troubleshoot it:
Renew your Extender’s battery
To restart your network without wiping out any customised wireless settings, use a power-cycle. To do so, disconnect the power cables from the router and extension and wait a few minutes before connecting them back in.
Make sure your PC can ping the range extender.
- The Execute or Command Prompt (Windows PC) or Ping (Mac) capabilities are used to run ping tests on a device.
- Make that the range extender is directly linked to the device through an Ethernet wire before starting this test.
- To ping the range extender, look up its IP address in the DHCP Client Table on your router’s web-based configuration page. Once you have the extender’s IP address, do a Ping Test.
- To understand how to conduct a Ping Test on your various computer operating systems, contact our trained professionals.
Check that the settings on the Range Extender and Router are in sync.
You may control the settings of your range extender via the web-based setup page. It’s vital that the network name (SSID), password, channel width, and security mode of the extender match those of the router you’re using. (Setup for a Linksys RE6500 router)
Reset the Range Extender to its factory defaults.
- For a few seconds, hold down the Reset button on your range extender.
- The reset is complete when the Power LED starts flashing, and the extension will continue.
- Is the problem now solved? If not, please contact one of our expert technicians, who will diagnose the issue in a matter of minutes.
How to Check Your Range Extender’s Status
- Using a browser, access the web-based setup page for your range extender.
- Select System Data from the left navigation menu.
- Under Network Address, look at the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway.
- WLAN statistics may be accessed under Status in the left menu.
- Look at the Status section below to determine if the Network Name (SSID) column matches your wireless network. Instead, it should be linked.
What is the procedure for resetting your Linksys Extender RE6500?
Even after setting up your Linksys extender RE6500, do you get inconsistent wireless connections? If this is the case, reset your Linksys extender to its default settings. A Linksys RE6500 reset will resolve any technical issues with your Linksys RE6500 range extender.
Follow these procedures to reset the Linksys RE6500 extender:
A Linksys RE6500 reset may be accomplished using either the default Linksys range extender setup RE6500 web-based page or the Reset button.
- On the Linksys Extender RE6500, press the Reset Button.
- Follow the procedures below to reset the Linksys RE6500 extender:
- Look for the Reset button on your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 dual-band range extender.
- A Reset button can be found on the back or bottom panel of your extender.
- Press and hold the Reset button to reset the machine.
- Reboot your WiFi range extender to complete the Linksys RE6500 reset.