Are you looking to save Thunderbird mail as PDF? Do you want to backup Thunderbird emails as PDF?
If so, then you have come to the right platform!
Let us know first about the Thunderbird!
Thunderbird is a well-known desktop email client which is sought after for professional purposes. It is an open-source email client that uses MBOX format for storing its email files. It keeps the files secure and safe from any unsolicited actions by unauthorized access.
However, there is always a need to keep the email files as a backup so as to prevent them from malicious activities which can happen at any time. The best way is to save the Thunderbird emails as PDF because the data remains intact without any distortion.
Methods to Save Thunderbird Mail as PDF
The methods to save Thunderbird emails as PDF has been categorized under two heads which are as follows:
1. Free Manual Methods
- Save Thunderbird Emails as PDF Using Print Command
- Export Thunderbird to PDF with Free Add-On
2. Automated Method
- MBOX Converter
Free Manual Methods
There are two manual methods to save Thunderbird emails as PDF.
We will discuss them one by one!
Let’s begin with the first method!
I. Save Thunderbird Mail as PDF Using Print Command
The following are the steps to save the Thunderbird emails as PDF Using Print Command:
1. Open the Thunderbird email application.
2. Select the emails that you want to export as PDF file.
3. Go to ‘File’ and select ‘Print’ as an option or simply use ‘Ctrl+P’ key.
4. In the opened ‘Print’ window, mark the checkbox of ‘Print to file’ and select the option as ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’. Click on ‘Print’ button.
5. Select the name and location for PDF file and then click on the ‘Save’ button.
II. Export Thunderbird to PDF with Free Add-On
The second manual method is to export Thunderbird to PDF with a free Add-On.
Mozilla Thunderbird has a free tool as ‘ImportExporttools NG’ that can be installed and used for export into PDF format. Please do install it before moving onto the steps.
The following are the steps to export Thunderbird to PDF with Free Add-On:
1. In Thunderbird, select the mailbox that you want to export to PDF.
2. Go to the ‘Tools’ tab, select ‘ImportExportTools NG’>’Export all messages in the folder’>’PDF Format’.
3. A new dialogue box will pop up where you need to click on the ‘OK’ button.
4. A new dialogue would again pop up where you need to click on the ‘OK’ button.
5. Select the destination directory where the converted PDF files would be stored. Then, click on ‘Select Folder’.
6. Choose the destination folder to save the PDF files.
Now, all the emails from Thunderbird would get exported as PDF files in the destination folder.
Automated Method – Save Emails with Attachments
MBOX Migrator is a robust and reliable automated method. It helps to convert all the MBOX files into PDF file format without any hassles.
The following are the steps to convert all the MBOX files into the PDF file format using software
1. Install and Launch the tool.
2. Click on ‘Add File’ to add single or multiple MBOX files into the software.
3. Select an email application as ‘MBOX files’, choose the option as ‘Select file(s)/folder from file system’ and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
4. Click on the ‘…’ button to browse and select the MBOX files.
5. Select the MBOX file and then click on ‘Open’.
6. You may use the folder mode if want to select the bulk MBOX files.
7. Select the folder which contains MBOX files and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
8. Click on ‘Process’ to start the scanning of MBOX files.
9. The emails can be viewed in multiple modes like Normal Mail View, Hex View, Properties View, Message Header View, MIME View, Email Hop View, HTML View, and Attachments View.
10. In the opened ‘Export Options’ window, choose the option to export the file as ‘PDF’ and then change the saving location by clicking on the ‘Change’ button. You can also convert MBOX to PST file.
11. You can choose the naming convention as per your requirement.
12. Click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ to make the suitable changes.
13. The window will open up to make the adjustments as needed. Then, click on the ‘Save’ button.
14. Click on the ‘Export’ button to start the export process.
Once the export process is completed, then you can find the exported PDF files in the destination folder.
In the above blog, a glimpse has been given on the reason to save Thunderbird mail as PDF using Add-on, the Print command, and a third-party tool. In the case of bulk conversion into PDF format, the automated tool is the best solution. Therefore, you can try the free demo version and make a choice.